Marrakech 25 - Atlas
Satisfied or refunded
A question : 06 08 91 20 80
See more works by Hegemon Chaignon
About Hegemon Chaignon :
Hegemon’s work revolves around the concept of immediate memory of happiness. Capturing memories when they are born, photographing the retinal persistence, halfway between reality, memories and dreams.
My latest series are made with digital pinhole photography to illustrate this persistence of vision and memory, between blur and sharpness, between photography and painting.
The pinhole camera is a simple camera that provide an image by passing light through a tiny hole for the lens. This technique also called “Camera obscura” (dark room) was invented in Persia around the year 1000, and is widely used by artists, especially from the Renaissance. In 1514 Leonardo da vinci said :”Leaving the images of illuminated objects penetrate through
a small hole in a very dark room then you’ll catch these images on a white sheet placed in this room”.
In a way associate a pinhole and a digital camera is a pure anachronism. This historical paradox make photography and painting closer by obtaining this very particular rendering of a technically sharp picture with less details, skies and skins that seems to have been painted with a brush.
- 2017 Paris / Solo exhibition Galerie Gilbert Dufois
- 2017 Reims / Exposition personelle Domaine Devaux
- 2016 Paris / Exhibition at L'Atelier de Coloration
- 2015 Nominee at the HSBC prize
- 2015 Senlis / Galerie Gilbert Dufois
- 2015 Mougins / Galerie Sintitulo
- 2014 Arles / Rencontres Photographique d’Arles
- 2014 Senlis / Galerie Gilbert Dufois
- 2014 Dinard / Galerie Art You
- 2014 Rennes / Galerie Art You
- 2014 London / 5Th Base Gallery
- 2013 Paris / Contemporary photography at the Invalides
- 2013 Paris / Contemporary photography’s night
- 2012 Paris / Contemporary photography’s night
- 2012 Paris / GMAC Bastille
- 2011 London / Ephemeral @ Bick Lane
- 2010 Marseille/ Galerie Endoume : PanoramiK II
- 2009 Senlis / Galerie Gilbert Dufois : PanoramiK
- 2004 – 2007 / Evous.fr : online photographic residence
- 2004 Paris / Hype Gallery at Palais de Tokyo
- 2003 Paris / K-Rosse: kWh & Digital Bulbim
- 2003 Paris / Tunnel 4 : kwh